St. Vincent de Paul Society

"End Poverty Through Systemic Change"

Area Resources

Printable Resource List (pdf)

Project BEE (838-1812) – For men, women and families. 205 3rd Ave SE. Long term shelter available. Warming Center open from 7pm – 8 am. Must enter before 8pm unless referred by police, hospital or other public agency. Call ahead for availability.

Minot Men’s Winter Refuge (839-1064, 822-2585) – Temporary shelter for men during winter months; year-round for emergency shelter only for men, women and families. Must meet entry requirements including valid ID and call before 4 pm. Stay is from 7 pm to 8 am daily (Nov – Apr). Closes down April 30.

Domestic Violence Crisis Center (852-2258) – Can provide temporary shelter, transitional housing, assistance with restraining orders, and other supportive services as needed for those involved in a domestic violence situation.


Northlands Rescue Mission (701-772-6600) 420 Division Ave, Grand Forks, ND 58201

Gladys Ray Shelter (701-364-0116) 1519 1st Ave S, Fargo, ND 58103

YMCA (Women Only) (701-232-2547) 3100 12th Ave N, Fargo, ND 58107

New Life Center (701-235-4453) 1902 3rd Ave N, Fargo, ND 58107

Churches United For The Homeless (218-236-0372) 1901 1st Ave N, Moorhead, MN

Dorothy Day House (Men Only) (218-233-5763) 714 8th St. S, Moorhead, MN


ND Rent Help – Originally intended for COVID relief, this state program helps those in danger of losing housing due to inability to pay. Does not have to be COVID-related. Also helps with utilities. Call Community Action (839-7221) or go to ND Rent Help site.

Ward County Human Service Zone (852-3552) – General Assistance Program. Must drop off application in person and then call for followup. Application available online.

Salvation Army (838-8925) – Assistance for eviction and utility disconnect only. Takes appointments for Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Community Action (839-7221) – Must meet very specific guidelines. Must be on Fuel Assistance through Ward County to receive utility assistance or help with weatherization. Access to programs specifically for veterans.

Minot Area Homeless Coalition (852-6300) – Focus is to prevent homelessness and secure permanent housing.

VETERAN SUPPORT: SSVF Program run through Community Action (839-7221) – Supportive Services for Veterans Families. For homeless and at-risk veterans secure safe housing and supportive services. This provides short term help through Community Action. For all Veteran questions call Kellie at
701-420-5848 or 701-340-2779. She is Minot’s Military Outreach specialist. Or ND-VA 701-451-4644.

VETERAN SUPPORT: HUD-VASH HCHV Outreach Social Worker Minot Region (852-0177) – Case worker can help veterans with a housing voucher considering availability and case management. This program provides long term help through HUD. For all Veteran questions call Kellie (Minot’s Military Outreach specialist) at701- 420-5848 or 701- 340-2779 or ND-VA 701-451-4644.

St. Vincent de Paul Society (833-1269) –Last resort housing and utility assistance. Will ask that you apply at other community resources 1st. Appointments can be made before other resources are contacted.  


North Dakota Association for the Disabled (NDAD) (838-8414) – for travel of people with disabilities to and from appointments and medication assistance.

Salvation Army (838-8925) – transportation emergency medical appointments only.

Community Action (839-7221) – One-time assistance for job seeking and to travel to and from work, must meet income eligibility; if seeking employment, résumé must be active on Job Service website. One-time assistance for medication (must have written prescription and have no medical coverage).

Minot Area Homeless Coalition (852-6300) – assistance may be offered in order to prevent homelessness or get to and from work. Assists with lifesaving prescriptions.

Minot Commission on Aging – Senior Meals and cleaning- 21 1st Ave SE – 852-0561 or 839-7433  for transportation

Community Travel Assistance (Minot PD 852-0111) – A program that seeks to assist stranded travelers in the Minot area who have experienced financial difficulties and require assistance. The program is administered by the Minot Police Dept.

St. Vincent De Paul- (833-1269) provides rides for job seeking, medical appointments, food pantries, Social Services appointments, VA appointments, etc. Dependent on volunteer availability.

Salvation Army (883-8925) – 315 Western Ave- must register-monthly stipend

Our Lady of Grace (must register through Community Action first ) ( MON, TUES, THUR, FRI 1-4PM) 707 16th Ave SW-monthly stipend

THE LORD’S CUPBOARD (839-1990)  (MON, WED., FRI. 11 am-2 pm) – on Burdick one block West of 16th  St. in Quonset marked FOOD PANTRY- Monthly and weekly Stipends – Fresh foods too – must register for monthly stipend only. Shuttle from Milton Young Towers open to anyone Wednesdays 12 pm.     

Community Action (839-7221) – 2020 8th Ave – emergency pantry

Minot Area Homeless Coalition (852-6300) – 105 1st St SE- small emergency pantry

St. Vincent de Paul (833-1269) – 218 1st St. SE – small emergency pantry


Northland Community Health Center (852-4600) – A federally funded health center serving anyone in need of a medical home regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay.

Dakota Hope Clinic – Minot (852-HOPE) (852-4673) offers free pregnancy tests, abortion education, and confidential support for those experiencing a crisis pregnancy. 315 Main St S Suite 205.
Text 978-705-DHC1 (3421).


Hire Quest Provides Day Labor Opportunities (839-9675) 1309 N. Broadway.

Work Force Solutions (8381415) Skilled and unskilled labor opportunities. 3010 S. Broadway

Spherion (839-7660) Temp agency – skills required. 629 20th Ave SE

UCP (838-0830 )  Some skills required; sometimes trains. 1408 20th Ave SW

Burdick Job Corps (857-9600) Provides training in a residential setting. 1500 University Ave W.

Kalix (852-1014) – Provides individualized residential and vocational services to people with disabilities.

Vocational Rehab (857-8500) – 1015 S. Broadway Ste 18.Assistance with job retraining and education.

Community Options (701-852-0174, 866-349-8619) Helps Low Income and disabled individuals find work. Many other vocational and independent living services available too.

COUNTY SOCIAL SERVICES OFFICES – To obtain food stamps, TANF, Medicaid and Childcare Assistance

Burke County – 701-377-2313

Bottineau County – 701-228-3613

McHenry County – 701-537-5944

Mountrail County – 701-628-2925

Renville County – 701-756-6374

Pierce County – 701-776-5818

Ward County – 701-852-3552



AMVETS (701-451-4642) – wide variety of aid for Veterans.

HUD-VASH HCHV Outreach Social Worker Minot Region (852-0177) – Case worker can help veterans with a housing voucher considering availability and case management. This program provides long term help through HUD. For all Veteran questions call Kellie (Minot’s Military Outreach specialist) at 701-420-5848 or 701- 340-2779

or ND-VA 701-451-4644.

Community Action (701-839-7221) – has a specialist who can assist veterans seeking help with housing and other needs.


FirstLink Hotline  (211)  Human Services Info.

Catholic Charities (852-2854) (800-450-4457) Counseling, Guardianship, Adoption services.

Dakota Hope Clinic  ((852-HOPE) (852-4673) Parent education and counseling, pregnancy loss and post-abortion counseling.


Independence Inc. (839-4724)  Can assist with helping individuals with disabilities through Social Security Disability paperwork, finding accessible housing and independent living skills.

North Central Human Service Center (857-8500)  Provides services to children, adults, the elderly; and families. Assists with emotional problems, mental illness, family relationship concerns, addiction and disability issues. Also has a program to help transition young people to independence. Open access for assessment for behavioral health concerns walk-in Mon-Fri 8 am – 5pm.

Rehab Services (839-4240)  Provides progressive options for youth and for people with disabilities focusing on employment, housing and economic development. Some programs are Social Security Benefits Project, Recovery House, Brooklyn Flats, Community Service, etc.

Vocational Rehab (857-8500) – 1015 S. Broadway Ste 18. Assistance with job retraining and education.